Date: 12/6/17 5:20 am
From: Uwviper <uwviper...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: White-throated Sparrow - Graham County
Diane Drobka and I birded the Gila River Box and Roper Lake yesterday and came away with a couple good birds.

Serna Cabin Picnic Area provided the best birds of the day with a pair of WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS. They were observed along Bonita Creek and in the wolfberry bushes behind the picnic table that is up against the cliff at the far end of the parking lot. They were very vocal and provided great views. Also present at the picnic area was a low elevation Red-breasted Nuthatch.

At Roper Lake State Park, we had a female YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, which may be the same one that has wintered there for the past four or so winters.

Good Birding,
Jeff Coker

Safford & Vail, AZ