Date: 12/5/17 7:39 pm
From: Noah Arthur <semirelicta...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Closure of Area 3 at Branched Oak Lake
It is likely that the Area 3 campbround at Branched Oak Lake -- one of the best gull viewing locations in the state -- will be closed in the near future, due to my own thoughtless actions. I've been debating whether or not to post this, but figured that if I f*** up, I should 'fess up.
Yesterday I parked in front of a camper van here to view the gulls, and after a few minutes, a man got out of the van and told me I had blocked their view. I acted apologetic -- TOO apologetic, to the point of seeming suspicious, as if I was doing something illegal and wanted to get away. I think it's quite likely that the guy subsequently told park rangers about a birder acting suspiciously in this lonely corner of the park, which is why I think park management will probably close the area.
So when the area is closed, you'll know why and who to blame... I won't apoligize because "I'm sorry" doesn't do anything to make up for the loss of a great birding hotspot.
Noah

Join us on Facebook!