Date: 12/5/17 6:08 pm
From: Richard Hoyer <birdernaturalist...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson Townsend's Warbler, Red-breasted Nuthatch
Dear Birders,

Yesterday, December 4, I birded a bit in Evergreen Cemetery to scout for the upcoming Tucson Valley Christmas Bird Count (Dec 14). I found a male TOWNSEND'S WARBLER, probably one continuing from a November report I found on eBird. This species has been found on only 9 out of 45 CBCs.

I also found a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, which having been seen in 14 out of 45 years is not quite as rare, but it seems this year there are a number of them around.

Very rare locally was a ROCK WREN. Tombstone Wren, perhaps a new subspecies.

VERMILION FLYCATCHERS numbered only four, which is down from recent years. Just three years ago, with similar effort I had 19.

Complete checklist, as usual, at eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40907982

Good Birding,

Rich
---