Date: 12/5/17 10:21 am
From: 'Stephen Whitney' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Lakes Region Waterbird Activity and Five Bears
<nhbirds...>
"Stephen Whitney" <swhit_41...>

** Waukewan Bridge 8:30 AM
43.6640532,-71.5463161
Canada Geese, 19
Mallards, 20.
Hooded Mergansers, 4
Common Merganser (female), 1

** East of the bridge in a field at the junction of Waukewan and Jenness Hill Rd.
Black Bears, 5. Five is the most bears I have seen at one time in the same place.
Mama bear and three cubs close behind her. As I do a binocular sweep of the surrounding woods I see an intermediate size black bear. He appeared to be following the group but keeping some distance. I assume a juvenile, larger than the cubs and a lot smaller than Mama. About the same size bear on my porch this Spring (6/8/2017) that I almost walked into--  before my brain finally told my feet to stop, that this was not a really large dog (think Newfie).

** Meredith Bay 8:55 AM
Common loon
Rock pigeons, 21
Canada geese, 24