Date: 12/3/17 5:01 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Stanton Co.
Nebraska birders,

On Sunday, November 26, Lanny and I birded the last few hours of
the holiday weekend with Dave Heidt in Stanton County. Following
our list of highlights are some details.

Bald Eagle
Pine Siskin
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Red Crossbill
Merlin
Lapland Longspurs
Brown Creeper
Common Redpoll

Dave led us to a couple good spots at Maskenthine Lake, one of
which had several pine trees. We found Pine Siskins, Red-
breasted Nuthatches and about eight Red Crossbills. We also
saw a Bald Eagle fly over.

Along the road to Wood Duck WMA, we saw a Merlin perched on a
power line. At Wood Duck, Dave and I heard Lapland Longspurs
fly over. In a wooded area, we all saw a Brown Creeper.

Many thanks to Dave for a successful trip. We had a good
time and saw many great birds. We added nine species to our
Stanton County lists. Lanny's new total is 109 and mine is 101.

Monday morning just before leaving for work, I saw a Common
Redpoll in our yard.

NO eBird

Robin Harding
northern Kearney County

Nebraska Ornithologists' Union http://www.noubirds.org

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 1

* New Photos 9

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!