Date: 12/3/17 2:04 am
From: Charlie Trapani <charliednb...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ (Fort ) Hauchuca Canyon Varied Thrush
Birders,
Please forgive the day-late post as my phone died.

Thanks to Susan Allerton I was able to finally get a varied thrush on Friday the 1st. I’ve dipped 4 times in CA and twice on mount Lemmon.

There were a few other birders there looking for the varied thrush when I arrived about 10:45. The bird made various sneaky appearances up until I left at 4pm. I stayed within the first 100 yards of the start of the trail. Watch the ground as it comes to feed and drink with the robins.

By the end of the day all the birds pretty much cleaned out the medrone berries on that stretch.

Of note: three species of Sapsucker and a pacific wren that was spotted by Arlene. The wren came back out after she left.

Lincoln’s sparrow 1
Cedar waxwings 5
Williamson’s Sapsucker male 1
Red-naped Sapsucker 6