Date: 12/3/17 2:04 am
From: Steve Hosmer <sjhosmer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Base and Meridian WA Black-throated Green Warbler
This morning my wife Joan and I went to the Base and Meridian Wildlife Area
(Maricopa Co.) by the Phoenix International Raceway to look for the previously
reported Black-throated Green Warbler.

It was found in the same location as reported yesterday -- head north on the
main trail from PIR and take the first good trail that goes to the right
(east) that is past the cement bridge/culvert over the river. The warbler was
in the first group of cottonwood and willow trees along the river on the right
side (river side) of the trail. We did not see the Black-throated Green
Warbler until around 10:30 AM, in the willows along the river. I was first
alerted to its presence by the sharp single 'tsik' notes it was giving. It
was foraging mostly in the mid to upper canopy tree levels, although at around
10:45 it flew a short distance to the west and foraged in willow trees at eye
level out in the open -- gradually moving higher up in the trees. Ryan
O'Donnell and his wife were also present and had good views of the warbler. I
posted photos of the warbler in my eBird checklist.

Take care and good birding.

Steve Hosmer
Anthem, AZ