Date: 12/2/17 11:18 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Madison and Pierce Cos 11/25/17
Hello Nebraska birders,

No ebird

Saturday, November 25, Robin and I looked for birds in Madison and
Pierce Counties with the aid of Dave Heidt on and off and with his
advice the rest of the day. I will show you a list of highlights
followed by details.

Eastern Screech-Owl (1)
Great Horned Owl (1)
Red-breasted Nuthatch (more than 1)
Brown Creeper (more than 1)
Golden-crowned Kinglet (more than 1)
Common Redpoll (about 6)
Pine Siskin (3)

Dave led us to where we found about five Common Redpolls in Madison
County around two miles southeast of Oak Valley WMA. We found another
at Oak Valley WMA, where we found three
Pine Siskins. While waiting for Dave to catch up to us we found more
than one (Golden-crowned Kinglet, more than one Red-breasted Nuthatch
and more than one Brown Creeper in Pierce County at the Pierce
Cemetery. Dave led us to Willow Creek Lake where we saw a Great
Horned Owl and it was getting dark when we heard an Eastern
Screech-Owl.

Robin added three birds to her Madison County list (Snow Goose, Common
Redpoll and Pine Siskin) for a new total of 123 and she added six
birds to her Pierce County list (Golden-crowned Kinglet, Red-breasted
Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, Downy Woodpecker, American Tree Sparrow and
Eastern Screech-Owl) for a new total of 75. I added four birds to my
Madison County list (Ring-necked Pheasant, White-crowned Sparrow,
Common Redpoll and Pied-billed Grebe) for a new total of 120 and I
also added six birds to my Pierce County list (Golden-crowned Kinglet,
Red-breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, American Tree Sparrow, Downy
Woodpecker, and Eastern Screech-Owl) for a new total of 71. Thank you
Dave.

May your birds be lifers and your troubles temporary.

good birding and goodbye,

Lanny

Lanny Randolph
2028 34th Rd.
Minden Nebraska
south central Nebraska
north central Kearney County
snowbunting(at)rcom-ne.com
308-216-0427

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 1

* New Photos 11

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!