Date: 12/2/17 2:34 pm
Subject: Dare County birds
Hi folks,

Waterfowl alert for Pea Island impoundments! I can't remember ever seeing
this quantity of waterfowl here. North Pond was full, New field was full,
and I never even made it to South Pond this morning. Absolutely amazing!

Al Hooks and I had Tundra Swans, Canada Geese, one Brant, one Snow Goose,
Mallards, Black Ducks, Northern Pintail, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Eurasian
Wigeon (2), Northern Shoveler, Blue-winged Teal (2), Green-winged Teal,
Canvasback (1), Redheads, Ring-necked Ducks, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead,
Ruddy Ducks, Hooded Mergansers and Red-breasted Mergansers. Plus a "storm
wigeon. "Plus coots and white pelicans. We missed the Common Goldeneye from
yesterday.

At home (Manteo) I had a Northern Parula. At home (Southern Shores) the
Broad-billed Hummingbird has been seen several times today.

Good birding!

Join us on Facebook!