Date: 12/2/17 2:14 pm
From: Paul Dunbar <pastorpaultdunbar...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Williamson Sapsucker - NO
I meant to post last night (sorry!) but I also was passing through, yesterday, and stopped to look for the Williamson’s, 3:30-4:30pm. No luck for me either, though I did have lots of activity — 8 Downies, 2 Hairy, 3 Red-bellied, 1 Flicker, 1 YB Sapsucker, 1 BrownCreeper, lots of robins, and a flyover Sharp-shinned.
Earlier in the day, fishing in the Sutherland Canal where it comes out of Lk Ogallala, I had 1 ad male winter Long-tailed Duck and a Surf Scoter in the canal w L.Scaup, Buffleheads, and Redhead. Also 3 magpies flew past.

Paul Dunbar
Hastings (Adams Co)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 2, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Allenreyer <allenreyer...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> Had to go out to Ogallala for non-birding reasons, so thought I'd stop in North Platte on the way home to look for the Williamson's Sapsucker. NO LUCK. Was fairly birdy there, however, with the best bird being a Brown Creeper. Saw 4 or more Downy WPs and 3 or more Red-bellied WP. Also Cedar Waxwings and a flock of Blue Jays. Did have a quick look at one bird which I felt was a YB Sapsucker, but not positive of that.
>
> Around Oshkosh of Thur., had at least 5 Rough-legged Hawks and Wed. evening south of Lake Mac., a Great Horned Owl.
>
> Al Reyer
> Bellevue, NE
>
> PS. Thanks Joel for the directions.

Join us on Facebook!