Date: 12/2/17 7:14 am
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red Crossbills, Colo Spgs, El Paso Co, Sat.
Hey COBirders,

I just had a flock of Red Crossbills in the yard briefly, here in NW Colorado Springs. Looked like about 10, male and female, drinking from my neighbor’s water feature, then up to the trees, then gone. These are the first I’ve seen since my last report a couple of weeks ago.

Other mountain birds continue here as well, with more Red-breasted and Pygmy Nuthatches banded this week, Steller’s Jays, Cassin’s Finch, and even more Mountain Chickadees (about 40 banded in the last month!). Also fun - I’ve banded 5 White-winged Juncos this month, after having none last winter.

Have a birdy weekend,

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs, Mountain Shadows neighborhood