Date: 12/1/17 3:30 pm
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] small owl in Durham
Birders

This morning just after dawn, I had a small owl fly overhead at the Woodridge Playing Fields in Durham. It looked like a fat bat with pointed wings and a jerky flight. I've never seen either a Screech or Saw-whet in sustained flight, so I don't know which it was. I'd welcome any feedback on how one distinguishes these little guys in flight.

Kurk Dorsey

Durham