Date: 12/1/17 10:47 am
From: Tommy DeBardeleben <debardelebentommy...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Birds of Phoenix and Maricopa County Book (3rd Edition)
There may have been an issue with the original distribution of this email
as it didn't go through to several things, so we want to make sure it gets
through to as many people as possible! This will be a fun event, hope to
see you all there. Good birding, Tommy

" Dear Birders,

The long awaited third edition of this book will be launched at the
Maricopa Audubon meeting Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m., with a book signing by
all four authors. The meeting place is at the Papago Buttes Church of the
Brethren on the northwest corner of Oak and 64th St.: 2450 N. 64th Street.
Oak is between Thomas and McDowell.

$25 cash or check ($26.95 in bookstores)

A copy of the out-of-print first edition will be on display. You will see
from this slim volume how little we knew about Maricopa County’s birds when
it was published in 1972, just before the explosion of birding and birders
in the years that followed.

There will be extra copies of the second edition, free for those who do not
have it. The second edition contains an interesting History section that is
not found in the third edition. This section contains information on birds,
birding, birders and habitat changes during the last half of the 20th
Century, such as when the first Great-tailed Grackle was recorded in the
county in 1953.

I hope to see you there.

Janet Witzeman