Date: 11/30/17 1:43 pm
From: Andrew Core <andrewcore...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] se AZ: Marana bishop
How did I find it? I just happened to see this bird - this culvert is a
good area for Rufous-winged Sparrows, and I had just seen a Canyon Towhee
(locally rare) when an unfamiliar bird popped up in the top of the Johnson
Grass in the culvert. I ran through a list of possibilities but none seemed
to match; unfortunately my camera battery had died, so I was unable to
figure it out at the time. It seems to like that culvert, though.

I have not birded the area south of the Ina Road bridge this year due to
the construction of the new bridge, but I have in the past. I believe Keith
had a female about 6 years ago nearby, and a male and female in the early
2000s.

--
Andrew Core
Tucson, AZ