Date: 11/29/17 6:18 pm
From: Chris Rohrer <rohrerbot...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Bronzed Cowbirds at Reid Park
Pretty exciting and birdy evening at Reid Park tonight.  The winter species number continues to increase.  Besides all the regular goodies, like Western Bluebirds, Canvasback, and Redheads mentioned by previous observers, I once again saw the ZONE-TAILED HAWK above that kid's playground next to the baseball field.  It seems to like to perch around that area and then do rounds around the park before sunset.  Probably the most exciting addition to the observations were BRONZED COWBIRDS.  And not just one.  At around sunset, there is a huge murmuration of black birds in the parking lot near the swim center.  The cowbirds were on the telephone lines and huge euc in that parking lot.  They are not rare birds to our parks during the winter months but they can be very nomadic each year and show up in different places.  I think this was a first time species for my count at this hotspot.  Happy birding everyone!
Chris Rohrer