Date: 11/29/17 9:28 am
From: 'Jorgensen, Joel' <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Harlan & Lower Platte CBC
I don't know to shock or frighten anyone about the speed which time is passing by, but the Harlan County Christmas Bird Count will take place in almost exactly two weeks from now on Thursday, 14 December. I am aware of a few folks that are participating, but if you have not yet contacted me off-list at <joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...> , please do so in the near future since planning will be ramping up. The Harlan County CBC is the current reigning state champ in regards to total species recorded on a CBC and help will be needed to keep the title and fend off the challengers.

Also, I've heard from only a few folks about the lower Platte CBC on 4 January. This is a new CBC that is relatively close to Lincoln and Omaha. A map of this CBC circle can be found at: http://www.noubirds.org/Activities/Maps/LowerPlatteCBCMap.pdf. If you have any interest participating, please contact me as soon off-list at <joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...> so that I can begin to plan how the circle will be divvied up. Individuals that contact me sooner will have greater influence on covering preferred areas.

Thanks - the CBC season may be very exciting this year given recent avian occurrences in the state.

Good birding!

-Joel

Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
<joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...>

Join us on Facebook!