Date: 11/28/17 6:52 pm
From: DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleatherman...>
Subject: [cobirds] Crow Valley situation
I should have mentioned that the road down into the campground is closed for the winter up near Weld CR77. It is about a mile walk from the gate to where the redpolls were along Crow Creek ne of the Group Area. Not sure what to make of a couple vehicles and a trailer down in the campground. I think the big RV is that of the hosts which is winterized and apparently will be there until next spring. Near the Picnic Shelter was a trailer and a pick-up truck. This may be a contractor working to cut dead trees in the campground to whom the USFS gave a key. Not sure. I saw a motion detection camera set up in a small honeylocust in the southwest corner, apparently by a hunter, and there is a camo tent along the creek way out north, that appears to be that of a hunter or "resident". All this is FYI if you plan to go out there in search of redpolls.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins