Date: 11/28/17 1:18 pm
From: <Birdsounds...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Moyza Ranch Road (between Arivaca and Amado, AZ) Pinyon Jay
On my property on Moyza Ranch Road, Amado/Arivaca, AZ, a Pinyon Jay called
as it flew past and above me, heading toward my pond. It landed in a far
away mesquite tree, where it continued to call, so I climbed the nearby
hill and viewed it with my binoculars, verifying the caller to be a Pinyon
Jay. Walking quickly back to my house to get my camera to record it, I saw
either the same one or another individual perched up in a hackberry tree.
The bird flew north as I approached, and of course, I didn't see it again
after I got my camera. I think this is unusual because the elevation here is
3500 feet. It must have been on its way to somewhere else.

Kathy Groschupf
"TimBuckTwo", along Papalote Wash, Moyza Ranch Road, halfway between Amado
and Arivaca, Pima County, AZ.