Date: 11/28/17 4:32 am
From: Mark McShane <mcshanebirder...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Miller County BURROWING OWL No Show - 11/27/2017
Hi All,

After birding in southwest Georgia for the past several days I thought I would swing by the Miller County BURROWING OWL site on the way home yesterday late afternoon/evening for a last try for the owl for the trip. I didn't see the owl, or any birders, anywhere but was treated to a continuing beautiful adult male NORTHERN HARRIER which actually landed a few yards in front of the owl burrow by the roadside to devour some prey (not the owl) for a few minutes, and then perched on a fencepost almost directly above the burrow for a few minutes near dusk. Stunning consolation bird at pretty close range for the scope, from the south end of the no-park no-walk zone marked with the pink flagging tape!

Good Birding All,

Mark

Mark McShane
Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, Georgia