Date: 11/27/17 7:38 pm
From: Luke Safford <saffordluke...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson Valley Christmas Bird Count, Thursday Dec. 14
Hello fellow birders,

It's been announced in a few places already, but I wanted to get the word
out that the Tucson Valley CBC will be held on Thursday, December 14. I'm
fielding all requests for volunteers and will assign teams once I have Area
Leaders confirmed for each of the circle's 27 areas. All birders welcome.
Just send me an email, let me know your general birding experience,
abilities, weakness, and physical limitations, and I'll try to pair you
with the most appropriate team. Much of the circle is flat and paved, full
of parks and golf courses, but all areas could use as much walking as
possible, bicycling is ideal for vast areas of the circle, and some areas
require some serious hiking (12 miles round trip with the equivalent
elevational change as hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back
from the S Rim).

We're especially looking for more feeder watchers – people who live in the
circle and can report the numbers and species coming to their feeder during
the day of the count.

Steve Bonta and I have taken on the role of co-compilers from Rich Hoyer
and we would appreciate your help to survey this extraordinary circle.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Luke Safford