Date: 11/27/17 4:11 pm
From: charles saleeby <charlessaleeby...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Lake Allatoona at Galt's Ferry
Thanks to Aija for calling in the Franklin's Gull and Mark for getting the word out. The Gull was still there when I arrived at 2:20. It was resting straight out from the beach on the exposed mud. It left for a while when a Killdeer walked right up to it. It came back around 3:45 when Aija had come back to take pictures. There were thousands of Sandhills passing over the lake to the west when I arrive. Some started putting down on the mud flats to the east and by the time I left there were more than 1000 on the ground. They should stay the night. It might be an impressive sight when they take off in the morning. Other birds in immediate area:
Horned Grebe-7Pied-billed Grebe-1Gadwall-7Least Sandpiper-32Dunlin-2Killdeer-6Ring-billed Gull-3Bonaparte's Gull-2
There was an adult Bald Eagle dive bombing American Coots a week ago Sunday near the Cobb/Bartow line on the lake. We never saw him get one but the eagle tried for about 20 minutes.
Chuck SaleebyKennesaw GACobb County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>