Date: 11/27/17 2:04 pm
From: Steve Hosmer <sjhosmer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] NAZ: American Bittern at Sedona Wetlands Preserve
This morning my wife Joan and I went to the Sedona Wetlands Preserve (Yavapai
Co.) to look for the previously reported American Bittern. We saw it slowly
walking on rocks next to the edge of the water along the far shore of the main
pond, left of where the concrete meets the rocky shore. Seen via our scope
from the viewing platform that looks over the main pond. Although you could
see the bittern with binoculars, a scope provided much better views due to the
distance. A big thanks to Sam Hough for calling us over when he spotted it!
We first saw it at 9:07 AM and it was still there when we left at 11:00 AM.

Take care and good birding.

Steve Hosmer
Anthem, AZ