Date: 11/26/17 1:57 pm
From: Daniel Moore <dan...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Sahuarita merlin
We went back this morning and saw the adult and juvenile Lewis'
Woodpeckers north and east of the church. The merlin was there again as
well.

http://www.mineralarts.com/images/lewis_woodpecker_01.jpg
http://www.mineralarts.com/images/lewis_woodpecker_02.jpg
http://www.mineralarts.com/images/lewis_woodpecker_03.jpg

Dan Moore, Tucson

>My hubby and I were at the church around 9:30 this morning. We saw a
juvenile Lewis woodpecker on a power pole next to road and north of >the
church. It was working on the very top of the power pole. Eventually it
flew off to the west and was joined by another Lewis woodpecker. >They
both flew out of sight to the west of the church. No merlin or peregrine
falcon at that time.

>Lisa Swanstrom
>Green Valley, AZ

>> On Nov 24, 2017, at 3:07 PM, Daniel Moore wrote:
>
>> This morning, we went in search of the Lewis' Woodpecker that Larry
Schmahl reported yesterday on Santa Rita Road north of Sahuarita
>> Road in Sahuarita. We didn't spot the woodpecker but did spot a
merlin on a power pole in front of the San Martin de Porres Church and a

<http://www.mineralarts.com/images/merlin_2017_11_24a.jpg>