Date: 11/26/17 10:43 am
Subject: Re: Little Gull - YES - Jordan Lake, Seaforth
I've uploaded a documentation image to my eBird checklist from this morning, the gull flew by us just close enough for some distant pics. It was great to be able to observe the bird well for an extended period of time through the scope. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S40747617&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=OS4K1Z1On0gg_S839CECimR8a0ydicMRNr8Xt8OnrRs&s=-S-_O4vc-DweTpTnLj6Zhz4_IiXAqClBzcBAUe-F1XI&e=

Happy birding,
Kyle KittelbergerRaleigh, NC

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 1:38 PM, Steve <sshultz...> wrote:

Currently due east of Seaforth swim beach. Look toward Poplar Creek swim beach. Great light.

Steve Shultz

On Nov 26, 2017, at 1:34 PM, Daniel Kaplan (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Another update from visitor center dock: most Bonies and presumably the Little Gull are still well to the south between here and Seaforth Pt so that’s probly the best vantage point into the afternoon
DK

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 26, 2017, at 10:39 AM, Stacy and Natalie Barbour (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

The Little Gull is still present this morning. We spotted it from Seaforth looking east first. Currently we are at the visitor center dock looking west and North toward the HWY 64 bridge trying to get pictures.
WS ‘Stacy’ Barbour Raleigh
On Nov 25, 2017, at 4:46 PM, Roger Shaw (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Matthew Moskwik and I re-found the Little Gull that was discovered this morning by George and Gordon Brown at Jordan Lake, Chatham Co., NC. Their sighting was at Ebenezer Point, but we re-found the bird at the Seaforth beach, facing east towards Poplar Point beach. The bird was closely associating with Bonaparte's Gulls, and spent the entire observation period flying back and forth, showing its dark underwings very well, though it did not come close enough for photos.
eBird checklist, with some more detailed notes:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40725947
Hope the bird sticks around for more folks to see it!

Good birding,
Roger Shaw
<roger.w.shaw...> Hill, NC

Join us on Facebook!