Date: 11/26/17 7:19 am
From: 'Stephen Whitney' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] : Bald Eagles on Pemi
>> 11/25/2017 12:08
<nhbirds...>
"Stephen Whitney" <swhit_41...>
Subject: Bald Eagles on Pemi
Pemigewasset Lake,  New Hampton/Meredith
43.616744, -71.593250

Pemi-- 7:15 AM 27 F.
** Bald Eagles, two adults sit close together on different branches of a Kelly Island tree. As I watch thru binoculars one drops down and in level straight flight departs to the West. Some  ice is beginning to form here, enough to support a meditating ring-billed gull.

Waukewan Bridge-- 7:35 AM
Briefly see a loon twice, diving just off shore.
Day before I was alarmed to see a bottoms up Canada goose amidst a small group of unmoving mallards.  Looking closer with 10X binoculars, Decoys! As I scan about I spot the two hunters in camo deep in the lakeside brush. Spotted, they wave  and use their duck call, and I am gone to bird elsewhere.