Date: 11/25/17 10:39 pm
From: Troy Corman <aplomado...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ: Pinal Co. Stanfield Sod Farm Area
Tom Lewis and I visited the sod farm area north of Stanfield this morning
(25 Nov.) before we continued south to visit with several of the rarities
in the Tucson area. Doug and Keith brought attention this area recently,
and never having been there before, it was great excuse to explore a
little. We found the best viewing was looking north from Barnes Road, west
of Russell Rd. Highlights in the area included 97 MOUNTAIN PLOVERS, a flock
of 210 LONG-BILLED CURLEWS which flew directly over us as they headed
south, and a WHITE-TAILED KITE hovering and harassing a NORTHERN HARRIER.

Hope to see you in the field...

Troy Corman
Phoenix, AZ