Date: 11/25/17 2:55 pm
From: Cliff Cook <ccook13...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Cackling Goose - Clay Pit Pond, Belmont
This afternoon I was able to locate a Cackling Goose in Clay Pit Pond in
Belmont, which is located along Concord Avenue in front of Belmont High
School. The bird was sometimes on its own and at other times associating
with Canada Geese. I was first able to pick the bird out from a distance
by its small size relative to the other geese present. The ebird report
will include a couple poor iphone photos, which give a sense of the
relative size. I think this is the Richardson's subspecies based on photos
I review on the web but I'm interested to hear others opinions.

Cliff Cook