Date: 11/25/17 1:45 pm
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Hassayampa Rufous-backed Robin(s?)
Possibly a second RUFOUS-BACKED ROBIN was found at Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg (Maricopa County) yesterday (11/23/17) by Chrissy Kondrat-Smith and also observed and photographed by Anita Strawn de Ojeda and myself. We may have heard the original bird along the river where it has been seen for a couple of weeks now, if there are in fact two different birds. More waterfowl are roosting on Palm Lake in the evenings, as well, including a male HOODED MERGANSER I saw yesterday. One of the gray foxes has been regularly seen eating fallen palm fruit in the picnic area too. The Preserve is open Wednesday-Sunday (closed Monday-Tuesday) from 8am-5pm. More information on the Preserve can be found at this link:

https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/hassayampa-river-preserve/

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Wickenburg, AZ