Date: 11/24/17 5:57 pm
From: Brian Peterson <gordilly...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Williamson’s Sapsucker 11/24
Gary Roberts and I visited North Platte this morning, arriving at the site
about 11:15. Aaron Brees showed up a few minutes later and we had the
Williamson's located by 11:30. She was foraging in the tall ponderosa pines
that are about 100 yards north of the blacktop road. We watched her for
only a couple of minutes before she disappeared to the east.

No sign of the YB Sapsuckers or Pygmy Nuthatch, but we didn't stick around
too long afterwards. A nice 2nd prize was a dark morph Ferruginous Hawk
that drifted over the site shortly after our arrival.

Brian Peterson
Omaha

Join us on Facebook!