Date: 11/24/17 4:53 pm
From: William H Kaempfer <William.Kaempfer...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Surf Scoter-Lake Ogallala
This afternoon (11/24) I found a female Surf Scoter in the Lake Ogallala outlet canal east of the dam. When I drove in all I saw were Lesser Scaup in the canal, but when driving east to get back to the Roscoe-Keystone Road, I noticed this one scoter in the company of a Redhead. I believe that is my first Nebraska scoter species.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder, CO