Date: 11/24/17 12:57 pm
From: Tim Helentjaris <tnhelentjaris...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Huachuca Canyon
Went down this morning to follow up on Stuart Healy’s report of Sinaloa Wren here. Gonna fall in the category of negative results. Despite my best efforts, I was only able to tease out of the many brush piles along here, both BEWICK’S and HOUSE WRENS along with a number of RUFOUS-CROWNED SPARROWS. I was unable to refind these birds and have heard from a couple of other folks of their failure as well. Given this bird’s stealthy nature and the season, not surprised but maybe someone can eventually relocate these birds, perhaps back at the lower picnic area? Otherwise mostly a lot of the expected winter residents and visitors. Did find a flock of ROBINS and I am proud to say, all native-born AMERICANS, not those border-hopping illegals from down south that seem to be all the rage this season. With them, there was also a small group of EASTERN BLUEBIRDS and another group of CEDAR WAXWINGS.

Tim Helentjaris
Tucson, AZ

“Adventure is just bad planning.”
- Roald Amundsen, Arctic explorer