Date: 11/23/17 6:58 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Wed and Thur 11.22 and 11.23
In Council Bluffs for Thanksgiving so took opportunity to work on some
county birding in Douglas and Cass counties. Yesterday added the
Long-tailed ducks, common golden-eye, and a Lesser Scaup to my Douglas
county list and 21 in Cass--best being Red-headed Woodpecker, Carolina
Wren, and Reb-breated Nuthatch.

Needed 4 more species to make the Brogie 125 list so head back to Douglas
today needing 4 species. NP Dodge yielded 2 Carolina Wren and 10 Harris's
Sparrow. Lonegan Lake yielded Gadwall 1 and 2 Ruddy Duck. Lake
Cunningham was pretty much a bird desert except for 85 Canada Goose.

Standing Bear Lake was pretty much full of dickie birds but I did not have
enough time to cover the area well. Did get 2 Fox Sparrow moving my total
for Douglas to 126. Cass (yesterday) moved to a massive 46 species.

The day was 59 degrees by noon and no wind. Wish I could have stayed out
all day.

God Bless and hoping you all had a very blessed Thanksgiving.--I ate just
the right amount at the Thanksgiving Dinner table but the pie (way to much)
later put me in a coma and a pair of tums was necessary.

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*
*Mobile 712-301-2817*

Join us on Facebook!