Date: 11/23/17 4:30 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] A blessing of Solitaires
I went out along Massey Draw in Ken Caryl Valley this afternoon and
encountered a silence of birds... a bird free zone for quite a while. Then
where the stream passes through the Lyons Formation Hogback I encountered a
loose aggregation of *Townsend's Solitaires*. One or a few at the hogback
here are expected, but now there were three individuals singing, others
giving their "heep" calls, and as I scanned toward the slopes of the Dakota
Hogback I could see more solitaires flying around. I counted 17 from one
vantage, a tally more fitting here for the peak of fall movement in late
September or early October.

Thankful for Solitaires,

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley