Date: 11/22/17 5:46 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] North Platte 11/19/17
Hello Nebraska birders,

No ebird

Sunday, November 19, Robin and I went to North Platte to meet our
friend, Wendy Becker, and look for birds. I will show you a list of
highlights followed by details.

Sharp-shinned Hawk (1)
Williamson's Sapsucker (1)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (1)
Merlin (1)
Red-breasted Nuthatches (at least 13)
Brown Creeper (1)
Golden-crowned Kinglet (at least 5)
Great-tailed Grackles (about 95)

On our drive out to North Platte I saw a Merlin in Phelps County along
the Platte River Road around one mile east of Highway 183. In Lincoln
County at the North Platte Cemetery we saw and heard at least thirteen
Red-breasted Nuthatches, a Brown Creeper and more than five
Golden-crowned Kinglets. Next we went and met Wendy at the State
Farm. Bill, Jerry and Joe were already there, so it was a nice
surprise. We saw the Williamson's Sapsucker and after a while a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker came by and chased the other sapsucker all
around. After a group confab Joe left. A little later Robin, Wendy
and I went to lunch, by the time we got back Bill and Jerry had left.
There were fewer birds there and after a while we saw a Sharp-shinned
Hawk fly through. On our drive home we saw about 95 Great-tailed
Grackles in Dawson County at Gothenburg.

May your birds be lifers and your troubles temporary.

good birding and goodbye,

Lanny

Lanny Randolph
2028 34th Rd.
Minden Nebraska
south central Nebraska
north central Kearney County
snowbunting(at)rcom-ne.com
308-216-0427

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 5

* New Photos 19

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!