Date: 11/22/17 8:23 am
From: Ken Blankenship <kenhblankenship...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Ramsey Canyon CBC on 12/17/17!
Hello, everyone!

Greetings from the new compiler of the Ramsey Canyon Christmas Bird Count (AZRC) ! The count will be held on Sunday, December 17 . After a couple of “off years,” I don't intend for this circle to merely get back on track in 2017 -- it deserves much more than that. My goal is for this count to immediately take its rightful place among the most well-organized and well-covered in the state, with some of the greatest species diversity, and – critically – with some of the most highly-skilled Area Leaders and observers that can possibly be mustered! That's where you come in. This circle has amazing potential, with varied habitats ranging from the San Pedro River corridor, to the vast freshwater marshes of the EOP, to extensive mesquite grasslands, to pine-oak-sycamore canyons, all the way up to the montane conifer zones of the Huachuca Mountains. A few changes/improvements starting this year include: newly-designed Areas with clear borders; detailed maps; and a countdown dinner! Contact me if you are interested in participating this year, or if you have any questions!

Ken Blankenship

kenhblankenship "AT" comcast "dot" net  (note the "h" between my first/last names)

(770) 317-8486 – cell & only