Date: 11/21/17 10:32 am
From: Pam Piombino <piombino.pam...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fri., 11/24, Walk off that Thanksgiving dinner with Ted Floyd
This outing is brought to you by Boulder County Audubon

Great Boulder Caper with Ted Floyd

-
- *Walden Ponds Wildlife Habitat*

Friday, November 24th, 2017, 7:30 a.m.-Sundown

Free: No limit, no reservations necessary.

Work off some of that holiday turkey dinner on this annual outing with the
ever energetic Ted Floyd, the erudite editor of American Birding Magazine
*. *He invites all birders to join him for the following:

“Hard to say where we’ll go or what we’ll see, but our very broad objective
will be to visit various lakes and ponds in eastern Boulder County. Maybe
we’ll see Bonaparte’s Gulls, a Swamp Sparrow or two, Harlan’s Hawks and
Cassiar Juncos, divers geese and gulls, problematic goldeneyes, a rare
grebe or loon…or maybe, probably, something entirely unexpected.”

No experience necessary. Children and non-birding companions welcome.
Carpooling helpful. Bring binoculars if you have ’em. Bring a scope to
share. Or not. Bring leftover tofurkey (this is the Great BOULDER Caper,
after all) and orange slices and such. Feel free to email lead caperer,
Yours Truly, with any questions: tedfloyd57 “at” hotmail “dot” com. Meet at
7:30 AM at Cottonwood Marsh at Walden Ponds, off of 75th Street.