Date: 11/21/17 6:01 am
From: thegahobbs6 <thegahobbs6...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Burke County, Snow goose, Franklin's Gull...
Fellow birders,Great Turkey Pond reports yesterday from Patrick Maurice, Ben Williams, John Mark Simmons, and Josiah Lavender. And thanks to Mark McShane for getting the word out.I was working in Burke County and had a chance to swing by about 4:00.The Snow Geese (6) continue in the grass on the left just past the grain bins when coming from Hwy. 305.I found the Bonaparte's, and what I believe to be the Franklin's Gull, although it appears to be a different bird than what was seen earlier. This bird has a fuller dark cap, extending below the eye, which makes the white eye-crescents stand out. Please let me know if I have missed the ID on this bird. I have a lot of lousier photos but nothing better.ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40634394The Brant continue--holding forth in the far left corner of the pond. Okay...they're not actually saying anything, just swimming back and forth. And they are often seen grazing in the field up toward the irrigation system. I have not yet connected with the Brown Pelican.Milton Hobbs Burke County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>