Date: 11/20/17 6:01 pm
Subject: Re: NC King Eider - 3rd hand report
I went looking for the King Eider today without success. I tried the south
end of the Bonner Bridge three times and the Wildlife Trail at Pea Island
once. It was still a very good day to be out, I just wish I had more time!

Marty Wall
Beaufort, NC

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Dwayne Martin <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> Here is that eBird report. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=Flkb7rCSp6H2xvaeL8SBJ-RZddA2dkzk9PB83ey6rsI&s=dmFvpVua-5AEpp3wUdYHqKN5QeUbARrIQR6p6RWNP9c&e=
> checklist/S40620192
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S40620192&d=DwMFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=iqw8uaQjMC3sdGc-2fSa3b6aAunqjFG2PFAtJ2FlLR4&s=n_qym9g2eYz_64Nd8_MzNYmSsLjvSgLGRVZ7plfkwJY&e=>
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM Steve <sshultz...> wrote:
>

>> Following up on my earlier note about the Oregon Inlet King Eider not
>> being seen at the Bonner Bridge most of the weekend, I offer a report from
>> someone who heard from someone that the bird has been in the SW corner of
>> North Pond, PINWR. Apparently photos were obtained. Maybe this is where
>> she goes when not at the bridge? Might want to keep a look out should you
>> be in the area.
>>

>> Also noted on the clipboard of sightings at PINWR (Pea Island NWR) the
>> tantalizing suggestion of a Snowy Owl. Report of one seen in the general
>> PINWR area on, I believe Friday. So might want to keep a look out for that
>> as well, should the notation be accurate and repeatable.
>>

>> Steve Shultz
>>
>> Apex, NC
>>
>> --
> Dwayne