Date: 11/20/17 10:53 am
From: Carl Englander <carl...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson - Couch's Kingbird continues at Fort Lowell Park
I saw the bright yellow Couch's Kingbird this morning at about 10:45 am at
Fort Lowell Park in Tucson (located near Craycroft and Fort Lowell Road)
after numerous birders told me they had not yet seen it. I initially
spotted it at the top of a huge Eucalyptus tree southwest of the pool (not
pond). It then flew and fed from atop trees at the western edge of the main
parking lot. When I left at about 11 am, there were many birders watching
it.

I did not see any other Kingbirds while I was there, but did see American
Kestral, Red-tailed Hawk, Say's Phoebe, Black Phoebe, American Wigeon,
White-crowned Sparrow, and many other usual suspects.

I initially checked around the pond and in the Park's east side trees but
was unsuccessful. Further walking put me on the bird in the location
described above.

Good birding.

Carl Englander
Tucson, AZ