Date: 11/19/17 9:26 pm
From: Andrew Core <tucsonrba...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] se AZ: Sahuarita - Lewis's Woodpecker + more
From the Tucson Audubon Society's RBA (520-629-0510 X 3 or rarebirdalert AT
tucsonaudubon.org):

Adding to what is shaping up to be a good year for Lewis's Woodpeckers,
Larry Schmahl sent a photo of one along with this description:

On Sunday afternoon, 19 November 2017, there was a Lewis's Woodpecker along
Santa Rita Rd south of Sahuarita Rd in Sahuarita. The area is a large field
surrounded by Pecan groves. Within the field is St. Martin de Porres
Catholic Church. The bird spent most of the time on power poles at the SE
corner of the field. This area is also a night roost for over 100
White-winged Doves

I also got a report of a Painted Bunting in Tucson (Grant & Columbus area)
but have not been able to reach the observer for details and to see if
visitors are ok (Brian - if you read this, email me)

Andrew Core
SEAZ RBA Compiler - Tucson, AZ
http://tucsonaudubon.org/go-birding/southeast-arizona-rare-bird-alert/