Date: 11/19/17 8:23 pm
From: Rosie Watts <pinyonjay...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Couch's Kingbird continues - Midtown Tucson
We went to Fort Lowell Park this afternoon to get out and enjoy more of
the lovely day. On the east access road into the park, we saw the Couch's
Kingbird sitting in the top of the tall mesquites (on the right side of the
road, adjacent to the townhouses). It was stunningly yellow in the late
afternoon sun. I believe Molly Pollock reported it in those mesquites
earlier last week.

Also on our way into the park, I saw a 'suspect' falcon fly overhead,
roughly after some mourning doves; it just didn't look right for a kestrel,
but birding from a bicycle does have certain disadvantages... Later, I
spotted and photographed a Merlin sitting in the tall eucalyptus on the
southwest side of the north baseball field. First one we've seen in the
park this season.

Happy birding!

Rosie and Jim Watts
Tucson