Date: 11/19/17 7:22 pm
From: Loren Hintz <ldhintz...>
Subject: Outer Banks Broad-billed Hummer yes; King Eider no
Sunday 11/19/17  I arrived at the Southern Shores hummingbird stake out at 2 and just missed  the Broad-billed Hummingbird at the feeder and water bath just seen by others. I waited for an hour and at 3PM I had a nice 15 second view of it at the upper level feeder on the right side of the house. While I was waiting a Cooper's Hawk flew in, landed and then left. Thanks again to the hosts for letting us look at it. Afterwards I drove to Bonner's Bridge but did not see the King Eider. (I only saw two Oyster Catchers and a few gulls and killdeer.) It was windy but nice blue skies.  From Loren Hintz Chapel Hill, NC

Join us on Facebook!