Date: 11/19/17 1:03 pm
From: Jeanne-Marie Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Coastal birding 11/18 (saturday)
Was a surprisingly warm morning as we started out, despite low temperatures the lack of wind may the day very pleasant, though as the clouds and wind rolled in became raw and cool.
Overall not a bad day, 58 species but small numbers of land birds. A pleasant surprise was a single purple sandpiper at Hampton, lots of snow buntings at both Hampton and Ragged Neck with a few horned lark thrown in for good measure.
Ring neck ducks , scaup and a few green winged teal at Eel pond, Bufflehead, Red Breasted mergansers and Red throated Loons in good numbers.

The real surprise for the day was lack of birds at Exeter, 20 redwinged blackbirds took flight just as we arrived. And inside there were about two dozen mallards, 3 gadwall, One single herring gull, and sparrows (song, tree and Savannah). I've never seen the place so empty. That was the total !

Jeanne-Marie