Date: 11/19/17 12:19 pm
From: <sammanning19...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Douglas County Long-tailed Ducks -- 11/19
This morning, my father, brother, and I chased the Carter Lake Long-tailed Ducks that Justin found yesterday. We easily found four of them off the red-roofed pavilion with the help of Brian Peterson and Mary Clausen. Eventually, the ducks started to swim around the area of the pavilion, even getting within 30 feet of us at one point. This allowed us to get great looks and pictures of them. I will post my two best pictures of them in my folder later.

After that, we checked several other locations around northeast Douglas County. We couldn't find anything else of note at most of the places we visited. But at the small lake northwest of Cunningham Lake (Papio D-4), we found another Long-tailed Duck. This female bird was mixed in with the diving ducks at the west end of the lake.

Sightings to be uploaded in eBird.

Sam Manning
Omaha, Douglas County, NE

Join us on Facebook!