Date: 11/19/17 9:48 am
From: Trish G <trishrg62...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: Nazca(?) Booby in Newport Harbor
I also checked this morning making my approach from the opposite side
starting aroung 6:30. I scoped the jetties and buoy from lookout point
above Corona Del mar. Then drove along the inner harbor stopped a few
places along the way to scope. I then scoped a couple of spots ending up
across the harbor from the sportfishing dock at at Topaz and Bayfront. I
found no Booby at any location.

Trish Gussler, Anaheim

On Nov 19, 2017 9:24 AM, "<rogerschoedl...> [OrangeCountyBirding]" <
<OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...> wrote:

> I made a concerted effort to look for the booby this morning.
>
> Got there @ 6:15am. No sign of it at the Balboa Pavilion. The Freelance
> fishing boat was just boarding for a trip so watched it leave but it was
> not followed by any booby. Then went over to the beach side to watch the
> Freelance motor west out to sea. Another fishing boat departed at the same
> time headed south. No booby seen following either vessel. Those were the
> only two fishing boats to leave this morning.
>
> I then walked down the beach to the jetty, rock hopped out to the tip to
> check the entry buoy. No booby. I scanned the east jetty and the rocks at
> the west and east ends of Big Corona Beach. No booby. I then walked back
> along the harbor. At the end of the lettered streets between the harbor
> entrance and Balboa Pavilion there is a small public gap between the homes.
> I scanned the harbor from many of these and covered the area from Corona
> del Mar down to the Coast Guard HQ to the Balboa Ferry. No booby. Rechecked
> the Pavilion where the Catalina Express was getting ready for departure but
> again no booby.
>
> Lots of places for it to hide if it's still around so reports in the
> affirmative or negative are appreciated.
>
> Roger Schoedl
> Huntington Beach

Join us on Facebook!