Date: 11/19/17 8:07 am
From: Tom Baxter <bomtaxter...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Tybee Island-barn swallows and other more common
This morning I made my first ever trip out to the beach at the north end of
Tybee Island and it was a nice but windy morning. Highlights include a
continuing adult Lesser Black-backed Gull, a Bonapartes Gull, a spectacular
show of Northern Gannets, Orange-crowned Warbler in the dunes, flyovers of
a pair of adult Bald Eagles and 3 migrating Common Loons, and most notably
6 BARN SWALLOWS. I would have thought that cave swallows would be more
likely at this time of year but I looked carefully and they had forked
tails and no orange on the rumps, and did a quick search on eBird to find
that Cave Swallows are very rarely reported in Georgia and I believe the
last confirmed eBird report of Barn Swallows In the state was over two
weeks ago.

Good birding
Tom Baxter
--