Date: 11/18/17 5:01 pm
From: David T√łnnessen <davidtonnessenx...>
Subject: [cobirds] Common Redpolls present El Paso County
Hi all,

This chilly morning of 11/18, a vocal redpoll flew over me while I was
birding the El Paso county section of Chico Basin Ranch, adding to other
reports of the species in the state and supporting the notion that this
winter could be a good one for the species. Other birds of note in the El
Paso section of the ranch included a late Lincoln's Sparrow, a late
Chestnut-collared Longspur flying over, and plenty of Lapland Longspurs in
the area (as flyovers).
I stopped at Memorial Park and Prospect Lake on my way home and discovered
that a Snow Goose youngster as well as a Ross's X Cackling Goose hybrid are
continuing with the many Cackling Geese.

On Thursday there was a Winter Wren at Fountain Creek Regional Park in the
beaver dam on Rice's pond.

Good birding,

David Tonnessen
Colorado Springs, CO