Date: 11/18/17 4:46 pm
From: Mark Brogie <mabrogie...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Northern Goshawk - Knox and Antelope Co.
Nearing sunset, I found an adult Northern Goshawk (female) tonight just southeast of Creighton on the Antelope/Knox County line.
Large (pheasant - sized bird) brownish back, light striped underparts, dark face with eye stripe. Bird was perched on road
in open county and flew along a .25 mile grassy waterway to the north where I lost it. Heavy chested bird with rounded wings
and barred tail.
Just had seen a Cooper’s Hawk about a half hour before in Antelope County and this bird was much larger. 5-6 beats
and a glide flight style.

Mark A. Brogie
Creighton, NE

Posted by: Mark Brogie <mabrogie...>