Date: 11/18/17 3:43 pm
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Long-tailed Ducks, Etc.- Douglas Co.-11/18
  As the subject implies I discovered a small raft of five (5) LONG-TAILED DUCKS (FOY) at Carter Lake this morning.  The birds were observed very close to the red roofed pavilion.  While scanning the lake, I also noted my FOS COMMON GOLDENEYE.
  On Bennington Lake very few waterfowl were spotted, however several hundred RING-BILLED GULLS were rafting on the main basin.
  Later in the day on my way to Lake Wanahoo I stopped by Salerno Marsh (264th St.) where I found four (4) juvenile TRUMPETER SWANS (FOS).
  Once at Lake Wanahoo the winds had really kicked up, and virtually nothing of interest was found on the main basin.  However, driving to "O" street I took advantage of the new viewing platform and found several dabbling ducks including my only G-W TEAL of the day.  Many LESSER SCAUP were visible in the background.  A single AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN was also present.
  On my way back, I stopped by Lakeside Pond where the diversity of birds was the best out of all the water bodies I had visited.  A few species here included CACKLING GOOSE, SNOW GOOSE, WOOD DUCK, and a single CANVASBACK.  It seems that someone had recently imported four (4) domestic MUSCOVY DUCKS to this pond as well.
All of these locations can be found on eBird.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Join us on Facebook!