Date: 11/18/17 3:36 pm
From: Paul Dunbar <pastorpaultdunbar...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Williamson's Sapsucker
After missing the sapsucker (in fact I saw no sapsucker sp) yesterday morning, I tried again 4:30-5:30pm, again w no luck. But in between those hours — while fishing successfully for trout in the Sutherland Canal (two 4-pounders and two 3-pounders!) — I did find a single ad LBB Gull at the Keystone tailrace, and saw 5 flying BBMagpies along the road btw Roscoe and Lk Ogallala, their old haunts.

Also, on Lk Ogallala I scoped thru a big raft of maybe 500 ducks, 15sp present, hoping for rarities but no luck. Still, a good study in winter divers for someone wanting to practice IDing.

Paul Dunbar
Hastings

PS, I had a lone flyover Red Crossbill this week here in Hastings.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 18, 2017, at 5:07 PM, Brian Peterson <gordilly...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> It was a no show for me. Spent about 5 hours watching between 8 and 2:30. Nobody else out there except Boni stopped by briefly at noon.
>
> Brian Peterson
> Omaha
>
> On Nov 18, 2017 4:59 PM, "Loren Padelford <padelfordl...> [NEBirds]" <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> Have there been any sightings of the sapsucker today?
>
> Loren and Babs Padelford
> Bellevue, NE
> <lpdlfrd...>

Join us on Facebook!